The programme aims at supporting the students in their journey of discovering the joy of learning.
The programme aims at enabling students to acquire knowledge, concepts, skills, values and attitude that will help them to become life long learners.
* Personal and Social Skills
* Moral and Spiritual development through structured value education
* Literacy, numeracy and digital literacy
* Science and technology competence
* Critical and innovative thinking
* Aesthetic appreciation and creative expression
* Education for democracy
* Health and physical education
A Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation system is conducted. Students are assessed through regular class assignments, worksheets, and the term summative assessment.
The assessment structure and examination for classes VI - VIII comprises of two terms i.e. Term I and Term II.
Term-1 (100 marks) 20 marks periodic assessment + 80 marks for half yearly exams
Term-2 (100 marks) 20 marks periodic assessment + 80 marks for yearly exams
PA: (20 marks)
Half yearly exam: (80 marks) Written exam for 80 marks
PA: (20 marks)
Yearly exam: (80 marks) Written exam for 80 marks.
CO SCHOLASTIC AREAS - Students will also be graded for Work Education, Art Education, Health and Physical Education and Discipline on a 3-point scale
(A: oustandling, B: Very Good, C:Fair)
Annual Examination (Board Exam for Class X) will take place at the end of the session covering the complete syllabus comprising of Annual Examination – 80 marks and Internal Assessment – 20 marks.
Internal Assessment of 20 marks will include (A + B + C)
A) Periodic Tests: 10 marks
B) Note Book (Regularity/ Assignment Completion/ Neatness): 5 marks
C) Subject Enrichment Activity: 5 marks
(Languages: Speaking and Learning Skills
Science: Practical Lab Work
Mathematics: Maths Lab Practical
Social Science: Map Work and Project Work)
Students will also be graded for Work Education, Art Education, Sports and Discipline.
The student has to secure 33% of 80 marks in the Board Examination as well as 33% of 20 marks Internal Assessment.
75% Attendance is mandatory for promotion to the next class, as per CBSE guidelines.
The students will be evaluated on the basis of Unit tests and the two Terminal Examinations. The evaluation is continuous.
1. A student must score the pass percentage (33%) in each subject in cumulative result and in the final term separately.
2. She / He should pass separately in theory and practical examination.
3. Minimum attendance of 75% is mandatory.
4. A student who fails in one subject gets a compartment. However, a student failing in two or more subjects in the final and cumulative result will not be promoted. A student who fails in English will be detained in Class XI.